Chicken, Arugula and Red Bell Pepper Sandwiches
By June 28, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 large red sweet peppers
- 4 skinless bonelss chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 6 5-6 inch long baguettes halved lengthwise
- 2 large bunches arugula
- Mix first 3 ingredients in small bowl. Mix in chopped arugula. Season arugula mayonnaise generously with ground pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Place in bag; let stand 10 minutes. Peel and seed bell peppers. Cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush skillet with 1 teaspoon oil. Add chicken; sauté until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plate; cool. Cut into diagonal slices.
- Spread generous 2 teaspoons arugula mayonnaise on each cut side of bread. Cover bottom of bread pieces generously with arugula. Top with sliced chicken, dividing equally. Top with bell pepper strips and generous amount of arugula. Cover with bread tops. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Wrap in plastic and chill.)