Lemon-Tahini Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
By July 10, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 kabobs
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Recipe from adapted www.myfooddiary.com
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 white button mushrooms
- 1 large or 2 small sweet peppers cut into 12 pieces
- 1 large or 2 small onions cut into 12 pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 wooden or metal skewers for the grill
- olive oil for the grill
- Optional: chicken cut into 12 small pieces
- Preheat the grill to about 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the kabobs, slide one cherry tomato, one mushroom, one piece of pepper, and one piece of onion onto a skewer. Follow with another mushroom, piece of pepper, and onion. End with another cherry tomato.
Add chicken as desired.
- Repeat the steps for the remaining kabobs and arrange them in a single layer on a large platter.
- In a blender or small food processor, add the lemon juice, cilantro, tahini, garlic, lemon zest, and salt. Puree until the cilantro is finally chopped and all ingredients come together into a sauce.
- Reserve two to three tablespoons of the sauce to add during grilling, if desired. Brush or spoon the remaining sauce over the vegetables. Turn to coat evenly.
- Brush the grill rack with olive oil. Place the kabobs on the grill, turning once or twice as they cook. Brush the vegetables with the reserved sauce. Grill about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables become tender and begin to brown.