Herb Roasted Winter Squash
By October 2, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
A simple and fool-proof way to prepare almost any kind of winter squash - though acorn and delicata squash work best. The herbs will infuse into the squash delightfully.
- 2 acorn squash or delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- several sprigs of fresh herbs washed and dried (any herbs will do)
- Fresh Rosemary
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Oregano
- Fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Wash the outside of the squash well and then cut each squash in half. Scoop out the seeds from the center, saving to toast if you like
- Rub olive oil into the inside of the squash and stab the inside with a fork several times.
- Lightly the inside of the squash with sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Tuck a few sprigs of fresh herbs inside each of the squash halves and place them face down (so the herbs are trapped) on an ungreased backing sheet.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes or until the squash is tender.