By September 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: about 2 cups (6 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Food Network Kitchen
- 1 shallot diced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 piece ginger 1 inch, peeled, cut into coins
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Kosher salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 pears cored, diced
- 2 tablespoons cranberries dried
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a medium pan, saute shallot, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, curry powder, cinnamon stick, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and red pepper until shallot is softened.
- Add pears and cranberries and continue to cook until fruit is softened and slightly thickened.
- This is delicious with oven- roasted pork.