Autumn Kale Salad with roasted Cauliflower and Apple
By September 26, 2016Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- 1/2 head cauliflower florets removed
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch kale ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 onion red, very thinly sliced
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- 1/4 cup pepitas raw
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup ricotta salata shaved
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice fresh
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with 2
teaspoons olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss. Roast for 20-
25 minutes, turning florets half way through cooking time, until tender and
- Place the kale in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with remaining
olive oil and add a pinch of salt. Rub the leaves until the kale darkens and
- In a small bowl, wisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
Add the red onions and let them soak for 10 minutes.
- Place the apples in a separate
bowl with the lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Heat a small saute pan over medium heat.
When hot, add the pepitas, and toast for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Time to assemble the salad. Add the roasted cauliflower, apples, toasted pepitas, raisins and half the ricotta to the bowl with the massaged kale.
- Add the dressing
and red onions and gently toss to combine. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or
platter and top with remaining cheese.