Asparagus and Ham Stuffed Baked Potatoes
By February 8, 2017Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
- 4 medium potatoes russet
- 1 cup cooked ham diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheese Swiss, Cheddar
- 1/2 cup chives chopped
- 1/2 bunch asparagus trimmed, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake directly on center rack of oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Bring two inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add asparagus and steam just until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the asparagus, ham, sour cream, cheese, 6 tablespoons chives, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut off the top third, then gently scoop out the flesh. Add to the ham mixture and gently mash together.
- Place the potato shells in a shallow baking dish and divide mixture evenly.
- Top each potato with remaining cheese and bake for about 15 minutes.