Creamy Smoked Trout with Apple and Horseradish
By February 17, 2017Published:
- Prep: 15 mins
- 11 ounces smoked trout about 3 fillets, coarsely flaked
- 1 Granny Smith apple cut into match-stick size strips
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Juice fresh
- 1 tablespoon horseradish finely grated, or prepared
- 1 loaf bread brown, lightly toasted, cut into triangles
- Mix trout, apples, celery, and chives in a large bowl to blend.
- Whisk sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and horseradish in a small bowl to blend.
- Fold horseradish mixture gently into trout mixture(do not break up trout)
- Season with salt and pepper and spread on brown bread triangles.
(Mixture can be made one day ahead, cover and refrigerate)