Creamy Mushroom Stew
By April 7, 2017Published:
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 1 pound mushrooms mixed, white button, portobello etc.
- 1/4 cup Butter or ghee
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Thyme fresh, leaves picked
- 1/4 cup red wine or beef stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 2 green onion chopped
- sea salt and pepper
- Clean mushrooms with damp paper towel before chopping.
- In a large skillet,
heat the butter or ghee. Stir in the onions and garlic. Cook until they begin to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until excess moisture from onions and mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add the wine or stock and heavy cream or coconut milk and stir well. Simmer for a few minutes and add thyme, salt and pepper if needed.
- Allow to sit on low heat for a few minutes to thicken.