By April 7, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium leek thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 ounces cannellini beans or Great Northern, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 cups spring greens coarsely chopped
- 4 slices bread French or sourdough
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled, or Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add leek, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in broth, 2 cups water, and bay leaf, bringing to a boil.
- Stir in beans and asparagus. Return to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, until asparagus are tender. Remove bay leaf, stir in greens.
- Meanwhile, for cheese toasts: Preheat broiler. Brush remaining olive oil on bread slices, both sides.
- Broil for 1 minute on each side. Sprinkle with cheese, broil until light , about another minute.