Spring Asparagus Tart
By May 4, 2017Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed, 9x9 inch
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 egg large, beaten
- 1 lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon chives fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon fresh, chopped
- 1 pound asgaragus woody bottoms trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour the work surface and roll out the puff pastry to a 9x12 inch rectangle. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Combine the mascarpone, 1 teaspoon salt, flour, egg and lemon zest and then fold in the chives and tarragon.
- Spread over the puff pastry, leaving a ¾ inch border. Make small cuts around the border about one inch apart with the tip of a paring knife.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil in a bowl. Lay half of the asparagus in a neat row across the surface of the tart so the tips meet the edge. Do the same in the opposite direction with the remaining asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bake until the border of the tart is deep golden and puffed and the
top is lightly spotted golden brown, about 25 minutes.