Blueberry Bread Pudding
By July 24, 2017Published:
- 3 cups milk whole
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 5 mint leaves
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon zest of
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups bread stale
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries fresh, plus more
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sugar powdered
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, vanilla, mint, lemon zest, and salt. Bring to a slow simmer.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard vanilla bean (if using), mint and zest.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugars.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Grease a 9x13 Pyrex dish with butter. Pour in bread pudding batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Garnish with powdered sugar, mint and more blueberries.