Gazpacho "El Faro"
By July 24, 2017Published:
- 1 piece baguette 2 inch piece, crust removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vinegar sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 2 1/2 pounds tomatoes cored, and quartered
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil mild
- red bell pepper and green, chopped for garnish
- Soak bread in ½ cup water for 1 minute, then squeeze dry, discarding soaking water.
- Mash garlic to a paste with salt.
- Blend garlic paste, bread, 2 tablespoons vinegar, sugar, cumin and half of the tomatoes in a food processor until tomatoes are finely chopped.
- Add remaining tomatoes with motor running and, when very finely chopped, add oil in slow stream, blending until as smooth as possible, about 1 minute.
- Force soup through a sieve into a bowl, pressing firmly on solids. Discard solids.
- Transfer to a glass container and chill, covered, until cold, about 3 hours.
- Season with salt and vinegar before serving.