Mushroom Port Pate
By January 10, 2018Published:
from: Charlie Louise Hotlyspiced.com
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 4 1/2 ounces Butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup cooked ham lean, chopped
- 1/2 cup port
- 10 ounces heavy cream
- 3 1/2 ounces clarified butter
- Heat butter in saucepan, add onion, cook until onion is soft.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, livers, ham and port. Cook, stirring, 10 minutes or until livers are tender.
- Add cream. Blend or process until smooth.
- Pour into serving dishes. Refrigerate several hours or until firm.
- Melt clarified butter in a small saucepan (or microwave).
- Place a sprig of rosemary in the center of each pate dish. Pour clarified butter over pate to seal.
- Place in refrigerator until firm.