Baked Parmesan & Panko Portobello Fries
By February 23, 2018Published:
- Yield: 2-4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 2 portobello mushrooms stems trimmed
- 1 egg
- water splash of
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs Panko
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- 1 teaspoon parsley fresh or dried
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice Portobello caps into strips. Trim stems and gills.
- Ready the three breading stations: one bowl with egg and splash of water, a second with the flour and spices and the third with Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan and parsley.
- Place each Portobello strip into the flour, then the egg mixture, then the bread crumbs. Place each breaded strip on top of a baking rack that is on top of a cookie sheet.
- When they are all breaded, bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve hot with zesty sauce.