Beets and Goat Cheese Napoleon
By March 13, 2018Published:
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- 1 pound beets
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese creamy
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Butter or more
- Put beets in a pot and cover with cold water. Season water with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until skins easily peel off.
- When beets are cooked, let cool. Peel and slice ¼ inch thick.
- Gently toss beets with red onion, vinegar, olive oil and thyme.
- Layer beets and goat cheese.
- Serve on top of mesclun or lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette. Top with buttered walnuts
- *For the walnuts: melt butter in a skillet. Toss in walnuts and toast until lightly browned and fragrant.