Mustard and White Wine Braised Chicken
By March 27, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 shallots halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine dry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup mustard whole grain
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in a 6 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper; working in batches, cook chicken, flipping once until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, set aside.
- Add shallot and garlic to the pan, cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add wine, stock, mustard and thyme, bring to a boil, return chicken to pan with any juices, cover with a lid and transfer to the oven.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. Return saucepan to stove, bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, 8-10 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with tarragon.