Peach Ice Cream Sandwiches
By April 19, 2018Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 30 mins
- 1 1/2 cups oats old fashioned rolled
- 2/3 cups pecans
- 1/3 cup cornmeal finely ground, preferable whole grain
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar turbinado, "sugar in the raw"
- 1 egg large
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint yogurt vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups peaches fresh, finely diced, peeled
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, pecans, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a food processor. Process until fine, but not as fine as flour, about 10-15 seconds.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in turbinado sugar.
- Process egg and oil in the food processor until lightly beaten, about 15 seconds. Add brown sugar and vanilla and blend until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Scrape into the dry ingredients and fold together until combined. (The mixture will be sticky).
- With damp hands, squeeze together one heaping tablespoon of batter and roll it into a ball. Repeat to make 16 cookies, placing 8 on each baking sheet, 1 ½ inches apart. Gently flatten each ball into a 3 inch round.
- Bake cookies, rotating pans front to back and top to bottom halfway through. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine yogurt and peaches in a medium bowl until incorporated. Working quickly, make 8 ice cream sandwiches, using about ¼ cup of mixture between each pair of cookies.
- Freeze on baking sheet until firm, at least two hours, then wrap airtight.