Lemon-Dijon Asparagus and Pea Macaroni Salad
By May 25, 2018Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 2 cups macaroni elbow
- 1 pound asparagus fresh
- 1 1/2 cups peas
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomato marinated, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chives finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonaisse plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 lemons juiced, zest of one
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- During the last four minutes of cooking, drop the asparagus in with the pasta. During the last 30 seconds, drop the peas (1 minute if frozen peas).
- Drain and rinse pasta and veggies in a colander under cool running water, tossing to completely cool. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- For the dressing, whisk together the mayo, lemon zest and juice, mustard, garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over pasta salad and gently mix.