Asparagus Ham Strata
By March 22, 2019Published:
- Yield: 8-10 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 7 hrs 20 mins
- 12 slices bread
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese shredded or diced
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus fresh, trimmed and cut
- 2 cups cooked ham diced
- 6 eggs large
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Using a doughnut cutter, cut 12 circles and holes from bread; set aside.
- Tear remaining bread in pieces and place in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Layer with cheese, asparagus and ham; arrange bread circles on top.
- Lightly beat eggs with milk. Add onion, salt and mustard; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until top is light golden brown. Let stand for ten minutes before serving.