By March 22, 2019Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 1 13.5 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 15ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can tomatoes diced
- 3 cups kale stems removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 5 cups water
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion and salt and cook until softened.
- Add the curry powder and cook, stirring continuously for about 30 seconds.
- Add five cups of water, sweet potato, coconut milk, tomatoes and chick peas. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover pot.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the kale and continue to simmer until wilted.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in lime juice. Season to taste with more lime juice and/or salt.
- Serve immediately and garnish with shaved parmesan if desired.