Creamy Zucchini Soup
By March 28, 2019Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 4 cups Zucchini shredded
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teapsoon basil
- 2 cups milk warm
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt for milk mixture
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Stir zucchini, water, salt and basil together in a pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree zucchini mixture with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender.
- Whisk warm milk, flour, and salt together in a bowl until smooth.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in melted butter until translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Pour pureed zucchini and milk mixture into the saucepan; bring to a boil while stirring continually. Season with pepper.