Sugar Snap Pea Slaw with Ume Plum Vinaigrette
By March 28, 2019Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- 3/4 pound sugar snap peas trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound red cabbage sliced thinly
- 1/2 beets Chioggia, julienned
- 1 bell pepper orange, julienned
- 1/4 cup vinegar Ume plum
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Ground black pepper and Salt to taste
- Take the ends off the sugar snap peas and remove the fibrous string that runs along the seams of the snap peas.
- Cut the snap pea in half lengthwise, but NOT on the seam- the seam holds the peas to the pod for the most part.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, chioggia beet, orange pepper and sugar snap peas.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients (except the olive oil) in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Like other slaws, the dressing will help break down the vegetables as it sits. If you like it super crisp, dress the slaw right before serving.