By March 28, 2019Published:
- Yield: 12-14 cakes (6-8 Servings)
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
- 4 cups Zucchini shredded
- 1 tablespoon Salt sea
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 small onion finely chopped or grated
- 2 cups breadcrumbs or crushed crackers
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4-5 tablespoons Butter
- 4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl mix zucchini with 1 tablespoon salt and let stand for 30 minutes. (don’t skip this step or cakes will be watery!)
- In a colander, rinse zucchini well with water, then squeeze dry with tea towel.
- In a large bowl, mix zucchini with eggs, onion, bread crumbs, parmesan and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy skillet on medium high, add butter and oil in equal parts as necessary.
- Form into patties (I do this as I drop it into the pan- works fine).
- Sautѐ a few patties at a time until golden brown – about 3 minutes per side.