Poached Ginger Chicken
By April 5, 2019Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 piece ginger 2 inch, peeled
- 1 shallot large
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cucumber halved lengthwise, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1 bunch watercress trimmed
- 1 lime juice of
- Put the chicken in a medium pot with just enough water to cover, add I tablespoon salt.
- Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat and cook until the chicken is firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a bowl of salted ice water. Drain the chicken and plunge into the ice water for about 30 seconds to stop the cooking. Drain again.
- Grate the ginger and shallot into a small bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons peanut oil, the sesame oil and ¼ teaspoon each sugar and salt.
- Toss the cucumber and radish with the chili sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil and remaining ¼ teaspoon sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the watercress.
- Divide the salad among plates. Slice chicken and add to the plates, then top with ginger mixture. Drizzle with lime juice.