Coconut Curried Vegetables
By April 29, 2019Published:
- Yield: 2-4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil plain
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chinese chili-garlic
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 13 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 bunch kale washed and coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallots fried
- salt or fish sauce to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and cook until they wilt and start to brown.
- Add the chili paste and sweet potatoes and stir to evenly mix everything. Cook for 2 minutes to toast the chili paste and bring out its flavor.
- Add the coconut milk and reduce to simmer. Season with salt or fish sauce. Cook, covered until sweet potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook until the kale is wilted and tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle fried shallots on top. Serve over steamed rice.