Smashed Pea Pasta
By May 28, 2019Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
- 12 ounces pasta spaghetti, or fettucini, or buccatini
- Salt plenty
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces peas fresh, or frozen
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 cup basil thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Mint thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Burrata cheese
- Set a large pot of very, very salted water to boil. When the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- When the pasta is done, drain, reserving one cup of pasta water, and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, peas (reserving a few for garnish), and pasta water to a large saute pan and set over medium heat. Cover with a lid. Walk away for, like, five minutes.
- Come back to the pan, and give everything a stir. Taste and adjust seasonings if you need to.
- Using an immersion blender, blitz the pea mixture a few times, just until the peas are mostly broken down. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Go grab that pasta and those herbs. It's time to plate.
- Split the pasta between six plates, then top with the smashed peas, the fresh herbs, the reserved peas, and the burrata, torn into small chunks.