Founded in 1991 by the nonprofit organization Otsego 2000, the Cooperstown Farm-ers’ Market serves as an outlet for local farmers and producers. The Market’s philosophy is to encourage agricultural private enterprise that exists in a mutually beneficial relationship with downtown merchants. Our customers value the direct connection between producer and consumer that lies at the heart of our market. We’ve grown steadily over the years to become a mainstay of the community, providing fresh local products in a friendly, small-town environment.
The mission of the Cooperstown Farmers’ Market is to support local growers, producers, and artisans by promoting and providing a marketing outlet for their goods thereby aiding in the creation of sustainable farm operations in the Otsego county environs. The goal is to
- Increase farm profitability, which will help preserve the region’s rural, agricultural character and lifestyle
- Offer a low-cost marketing opportunity for small producers, which will encourage the local entrepreneurial spirit
- Create a direct connection between producer and consumer, which will encourage the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and ideas
- Foster social gathering and interaction among residents, which will enhance the quality of life in Cooperstown and complement Main Street businesses and supporting the local economy.
- Provide access, through our active participation in nutrition programs, to a low cost source of fresh, high quality food, which will promote a healthy well balanced diet for low income households