Visitors to the Cooperstown Farmers’ Market can look forward to the quality items local customers have come to expect. The selection is wonderful, from seasonal fruits and vegetables to all cuts of local meats and fresh poultry. We also have a bounty of local eggs, cheese, yogurt, honey and maple syrup, home-baked sweets and treats, flowers and greenery, as well as hand-dyed yarns, handmade crafts, herb-al lotions, and lots more.
The only heated indoor farmers’ market in the region, the Cooperstown Farmers’ Market is located just off Main Street in Pioneer Alley and operates year round, rain or shine.
Founded in 1991 by the nonprofit organization Otsego 2000, the Cooperstown Farm-ers’ Market serves as an outlet for local farmers and producers. The Market’s philosophy is to encourage agricultural private enterprise that exists in a mutually beneficial relationship with downtown merchants. Our customers value the direct connection between producer and consumer that lies at the heart of our market. We’ve grown steadily over the years to become a mainstay of the community, providing fresh local products in a friendly, small-town environment.
The mission of the Cooperstown Farmers’ Market is to support local growers, producers, and artisans by promoting and providing a marketing outlet for their goods thereby aiding in the creation of sustainable farm operations in the Otsego county environs. The goal is to
- Increase farm profitability, which will help preserve the region’s rural, agricultural character and lifestyle
- Offer a low-cost marketing opportunity for small producers, which will encourage the local entrepreneurial spirit
- Create a direct connection between producer and consumer, which will encourage the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and ideas
- Foster social gathering and interaction among residents, which will enhance the quality of life in Cooperstown and complement Main Street businesses and supporting the local economy.
- Provide access, through our active participation in nutrition programs, to a low cost source of fresh, high quality food, which will promote a healthy well balanced diet for low income households