Local Foods, Local Spirits Celebration
CSA Farm Shares, Saturdays and Tuesdays. Click here
Commercial Kitchen information. Click here
Community Rag Rug Project. Click here.
2014 Local Foods, Local Spirits Directory
This is a business tool to link food producers to potential food buyers, like restaurant chefs, grocers, and B&B owners. This directory lists over 100 local food and spirits producers from within a 50-mile radius with contact information and primary product line. If you are interested in sourcing more local ingredients you may find what you are looking for here. The directory is now in its fourth year and still growing in leaps and bounds.
New in 2015, a section will be added for those chefs that served farm-to-table canapés at the Annual Cooperstown Local Food, Local Spirits Cocktail Party. If you, too, would like to be listed as an establishment serving local specialties send your contact information, and business specialty to email@example.com.
If you are a producer or a farmer’s market manager please send vendor contact information and primary product line to Lyn Weir at the Cooperstown Farmers Market, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (607)547-6195.
The 2014 Directory includes the following:
- A List of Farmers’ Markets operating in the 50-mile radius. There are 46 farmers markets listed here with contact information and hours of operation.
- Fresh local agricultural products are listed by season & product type.
- Otsego County’s four farmers’ markets are located in Cooperstown, Morris, Oneonta, and Richfield Springs. The markets are listed along with all their vendors, by name with contact information and primary product line. There are 100 local businesses represented.
- Local agricultural producers in wholesale, U-Pic, farm stand, or CSA distribution not listed with a Farmer’s Market, are listed here.
- Local spirits utilize local agricultural ingredients. These businesses are also listed with contact information and primary product line.
- NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets licensed 20C agricultural food processing facilities take many shapes. At one end of the spectrum are food product kitchen incubators, at the other, farm co-packers. Listed here are the commercial facilities available to food entrepreneurs in our 50-mile radius.
- Directory Underwriters
Cooperstown Farmers Market
Local Market with 30 vendors all from within a 50 mile radius
Fresh produce, meats, poultry, eggs, milk, cheese, honey, maple syrup, jams, bread, baked goods, wines and spirits.
Artisan craftwork, wool, alpaca, yarn, fleece, hides, pottery, beeswax candles, art and doll clothes.
30 live musical performances annually
Approximately 40,000 visitors each year
Heated year round, indoor market
EBT/SNAP benefits and food pantry vouchers are accepted
Sponsored by Otsego 2000 since 1991