Farmers’ Market Mission
The mission of the Cooperstown Farmers’ Market is to support local growers, producers, and artisans by promoting and providing a marketing outlet for their goods thereby aiding in the creation of sustainable farm operations in the Otsego county environs. The goal is to
- Increase farm profitability, which will help preserve the region’s rural, agricultural character and lifestyle
- Offer a low-cost marketing opportunity for small producers, which will encourage the local entrepreneurial spirit
- Create a direct connection between producer and consumer, which will encourage the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and ideas
- Foster social gathering and interaction among residents, which will enhance the quality of life in Cooperstown and complement Main Street businesses and supporting the local economy.
- Provide access, through our active participation in nutrition programs, to a low cost source of fresh, high quality food, which will promote a healthy well balanced diet for low income households