The Constitution Pipeline is a joint venture between Williams and Cabot Oil and Gas. As proposed, it would run 121 miles from Susquehanna County, PA to Schoharie County, NY. The Federal Regulatory Energy Commission (FERC) has not yet approved the project or granted eminent domain to it, but Williams and Cabot must first demonstrate to FERC that the project is not only “in the public interest” but that it is also a public “necessity” without which customers in the Northeast region will be deprived of essential energy supplies.
With the establishment of the Constitution Pipeline the door is opened for hydrofracking and for any number of compressor stations along the route, significantly threatening the rural character of our communities and putting our public health a risk.
Resources and Comments on the Constitution Pipeline
- Federal Energy Regulation Commission information on the Constitution Pipelin
- Instructions: click link, then enter Docket Number PF12-9.
- Narrow search dates to 4/5/12 to present.
- Click submit.
- Otsego 2000 Comments
- Pace Environmental Law Clinic Comments, on behalf of Stop the Pipeline
- Army Corps of Engineers Comments
- Clean Air Council Comments
- Delaware-Otsego Audubon Society Comments
- Delaware RiverKeeper Network Comments
- New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation Comments
- Trout Unlimited Comments
- US Fish and Wildlife Comments